Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snow Storm ! (Yipee!)


The snow has arrived!!!   It's our first real snow storm in over a year (never had one last winter) and I am excited!  Of course, by Thanksgiving, it will be 50 and into the mid-50s by next weekend, so this won't last - I'm enjoying it while it's here!  Take a look - 


These are the pine trees just outside the door from our bed/bath to the hot tub.  So pretty!  I may have to play with this image more and maybe it will be next year's Christmas card!


Just past the little bush on the right is the runway of the airport - I don't think anyone will be flying today!  I do love the sort of moody feel to this shot, tho....


I'm looking out our front door....somewhere out there is a path to my studio.  Don't think I'll be visiting there today, tho!  It's a good day to stay inside, watch (or listen) to the Bears or other football games, cross stitch or crochet, and enjoy the roaring fire that I'm sure Jeff will be building later!


I couldn't resist this shot - yes, summer is definitely over and we won't be using the patio table any time soon!  But, the real thing I want you to notice is the rain chain behind it.  No, it wasn't that windy - the chain is frozen that way from the wind blowing over night!  


And, finally, this is a cool shot - our yucca plant is almost buried in the snow!  I'm not sure how much snow has fallen - I'm guessing 4" - 6", but with the wind, there are drifts all over and it's really hard to tell exactly how much has fallen.....and is still falling.  As for me, before I enjoy that fire Jeff will build, I need to go out there and help him with the snow blowing and shoveling!
 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty pictures, Nadine. It's cold here, but no snow accumulation yet. Just a couple of time of flurries. Brrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete